This wonderful winter dish is great tasting and great for your weight loss goals! If you’re involved in our balanced habits nutrition coaching program units are listed below. Units are for Protein and Fat intake. To make a balanced meal you’ll need to add the appropriate number of units for carbohydrate.
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Coriander (or 1 tsp. Fresh Cilantro, Chopped well)
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Smoked Paprika (regular is OK)
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 – 1 lb. Lean Pork Tenderloins, trimmed of all visible fat
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 cup Pomegranate Juice
- 3/4 tsp. Arrowroot (same amount Corn Starch is OK)
- 2 tsp. Raspberry Red-Wine Vinegar Pomegranate Seeds for garnish, optional but pretty
Directions: Preheat oven to 350
- In a small bowl, combine all the spices, thru salt; set aside.
- Pat each tenderloin dry with paper towels. Rub on spice mixture evenly onto each tenderloin.
- Using a heavy-bottom skillet or pan, heat EVOO over med-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add tenderloins and sear meat until browned on all sides. Use tongs and transfer to a baking dish.
- Insert meat thermometer diagonally into the center one of the tenderloins. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until thermometer reads 145.
- Remove from oven and transfer pork to a cutting board with a larger sized damp rag under board.
- Tent with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- While pork is resting, remove any fat from the skillet.
- Add juice to skillet and boil over med-high heat for 2 – 3 minutes or until juice has evaporated to about 2/3 cup.
- Remove 1 Tbsp. hot juice to a small bowl and whisk with the Arrowroot.
- Whisk back into skillet then boil sauce until thickened slightly, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vinegar.
- Taste and season with up to 1/2 tsp. more Kosher Salt if desired.
- 2 oz. cooked pork
- 1 Tbsp. Sauce
- 3 oz. cooked pork
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Sauce
- 4 oz. cooked pork
- 2 Tbsp. Sauce
- 5 oz. cooked pork
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Sauce
For more information on our lifestyle nutrition coaching program CLICK HERE